Sunday 8 July 2012

Fracture , by Megan Miranda

Fracture (Fracture, #1)
Hardcover, 264 pages
Published January 17th 2012 by Walker Childrens (first published January 5th 2012)
ISBN
0802723098 (ISBN13: 9780802723093)
edition language
English
original title
Fracture
series
characters
 
Eleven minutes passed before Delaney Maxwell was pulled from the icy waters of a Maine lake by her best friend Decker Phillips. By then her heart had stopped beating. Her brain had stopped working. She was dead. And yet she somehow defied medical precedent to come back seemingly fine. Everyone wants Delaney to be all right, but she knows she's far from normal. Pulled by strange sensations she can't control or explain, Delaney finds herself drawn to the dying. Is her altered brain now predicting death, or causing it?

Then Delaney meets Troy Varga, who recently emerged from a coma with similar abilities. At first she's reassured to find someone who understands the strangeness of her new existence, but Delaney soon discovers that Troy's motives aren't quite what she thought. Is their gift a miracle, a freak of nature-or something much more frightening?

For fans of best-sellers like Before I Fall and If I Stay, this is a fascinating and heart-rending story about love and friendship and the fine line between life and death.
 
 
 My Review
Did I enjoy the novel? hmmm, not particularly. Did I like the layout of the book? Well it was ok. What were my thoughts and opinions of the novel? Plain, simple, boring and just lacking in that little bit of spice to make it exciting and worthwhile reading. I liked the idea of the whole life and death battle that just seemed to go on throughout it all, but at the same time its a debate that can not and will not be answered. It is though, not a question as to whether the book was thought provoking or not. It makes us question are actions in life and how we all seem to take it for granted, by thinking that we can just do things recklessly without considering the consequences of the actions. The piece made me consider the very fact that we could die at any moment in time, but if now was my last day off life, what would I do with it. There was a lot of encouraging things here within the write that inspired me to look at my lifestyle and how I have spent a lot of time wasting it. But in general the plot for me was just a little tad boring and dull.
 
The book seemed to have no sort of graviety to it. It just seemed and felt rather to floaty and too moving to even be considered as something solid and concrete. the characters were not as well developed as I would have liked to have seen them in the book, it was almost as if there was nothing there to learn about the characters or how to estimate them and understand them in general. I don;'t know if it was just that the book felt rushed, or that I was expecting a little more from it, but to me it was certainly not all there. I really wanted to get to know the characters, especially troy, Delaney and Decker, but it seemed like this was asking for the impossible. we saw that life was nothing but a mess of chores etc for them, and yes there was an element of reality to them, such as the whole best friend love triangle, but at the same time, the lacvk of fantasy, made it almost as boring as reading my own diary where I just whinge and whine about how I hate things that are going on in life.
 
For me the story was just not as plotted as well as it could have been. you could see that there was something there, that there was purpose and meaning to it and that it was something that was clearly meant to stir the mind into a debate of its own, but at the same time, it just wasnt enough to hold my attention and I found myself skimming the pages, skipping some to get to the end with the hopes that something more exciting would happen., But I was disappointed, there was nothing there, nothing to really spark me into liking the book anymore than I already didnt. This is why I am therefore giving the book a two star rating. It was dull, boring and lacking in so much. I liked the idea behind it, but I didnt like the novel itself.
 
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing   

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...