Sunday 5 February 2012

Inside Out , by Maria V. Snyder

 



Paperback, 315 pages
Published 2011 by Mira Ink (first published April 1st 2010)
ISBN
0778304116 (ISBN13: 9780778304111)
edition language
English
original title
Inside Out
series
setting

Keep Your Head Down.
Don't Get Noticed.
Or Else.


I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my own…until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution..

My Review
In many ways this actually reminded me of the declaration series, except that it was set up in a different setting with a slightly different set. I am not usually a fan of the whole science like books, But I found this one to be very engaging and addictive as it seemed to have a whole lot of imagery and imagination to it that just made it a hard to put down type of book. I did love the main character Trella, because she seemed to be the tough act sort of girl that a lot of us wish we could be. The girl who is popular without needing to do much, but who does what she wants to do when she wants to do it, and how she wants to do it. I loved the way that the plot of this book moved and how it seemed to have this whole thought provoking essence to it. For me it just seemed to be the right product to create the ultimate depth for the novel. The plot was unique and yet at the same time it reminded me of a couple of series, sucha s matched by ally condie and the declaration series. It seemed to show that possibility of someone trying to control our lives, to determine what level we are based on, and how many children we can have. It made me wonder what would become of the world if this was actually ever put into place and I think this is why I am beginning to love and enjoy books like this, because it gets me thinking and feeling.

There were bits and pieces within the book that I perhaps did not like so much, and there were a lot of times where I found myself merely skimming over the pages because they seemed to have things contained within them, that just didn't need to be there. But it was evident that the author clearly wrote with this imaginative lifestyle set in her mind. It was obvious adn clear that she wanted the reader to experience the book and to just not read it. She wanted the reader to really become involved with the book so that they would enjoy it and read into it's depth. Riley was a wonderful character that you could find yourself falling in love with. BUT at the same time he was the cliche good guy who just happened to be there at the right time and in the right place. It just seemed to have that fairytale cliche to it and you find yourself slowly getting bored and tiresom of that. Surely someone from an upper level with so much to loose would not put up with a lower level being in their place. I think with Riley, and other characters like him, you are led back into that fantasy world and thats where the reality is starting to shatter a little because you know nothing like that would happen and that its all based on the theory of hope and luck.

I never expected Dr Lamont to be Trella's mother, but as I look back it, it does seem a little obvious. Someone who was in trouble before but is not afraid to put her foot down to the person who could reck and ruin her life. When you look at it and read between the lines, then yes the signs for who she could be are there. But there is just so much going on in this book, so many mysteries to solve and depths to search, that actually your always thinking, wondering and pondering. Your always wanting to work out who is who and which ones should be trusted and not. What I do like about the novel is that it does leave you wanting more and for me that is always a sign of a good set of books because it leaves you hanging, wanting and needing.


didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...