Sunday 19 February 2012

The Hunt , by Amy Meredith

The Hunt (Dark Touch, #2) 

Paperback, 240 pages
Published August 5th 2010 by Red Fox (first published July 24th 2010)
ISBN
1849410526 (ISBN13: 9781849410526)
series
 
Something is hunting. Something that will kill to get what it wants. And it isn't human. Eve knows that her supernatural powers are called for, but she'd rather focus on dating than demons and gorgeous Luke is, frankly, pretty distracting. He's already a friend - but could he be something more? Do Luke and Eve really have a future? And with demons on the hunt, will either of them live long enough to find out?
 
 
 
My Review
As your reading the novel, you do get this feel and sense of it being like buffy the vampire slayer. A preppy girl who likes to good and who likes to flirt, but who also has to protect the world from all the demons that are trying to destroy it. Therefore its not very hard to see what is likely to happen as the sega continues and I suppose that actually makes the books a little disappointing in some senses because they become far to predictable. After all, it is obvious that something between luke and Eve will happen, despite the fact that the author is clearly dragging it out. Its also obvious and predictable that they are going to have to deal with so many more demons. A part of me is thereforw wondering, how long will it take me to get bored of this series, because its just that predictable and to be honest, once you've seen buffy have you not pretty much seen it all anyway?
 
Yes, don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the book, but not as much as I have enjoyed other books. It was one of those very simple and very easy and quick reads. Just something to fill the time if you like. It didn't really have anything in it that got my heart racing. I kind of guessed that Hazel was not as innocent as she seemed, after all why would she suddenly become a main focus like that if she were.  The book to me just felt it was really lacking that little special something that would make it stand out and make it something of its own. Maybe I am just being picky, but for me this just wasn't the sort of thing I would read if I was wanting to really enjoy the book and get involved with it.
 
A good read, but a little to basic I think.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...