Monday 30 January 2012

Spirit Bound , by Richelle Mead


Paperback, 479 pages
Published May 18th 2010 by Puffin
ISBN
0141331879 (ISBN13: 9780141331874)
original title
Spirit Bound (Vampire Academy, #5)
setting
Montana (United States)
Las Vegas, Nevada (United States)
Alaska (United States)

literary awards
 
Dimitri gave Rose the ultimate choice. But she chose wrong...

After a long and heartbreaking journey to Dimitri's birthplace in Siberia, Rose Hathaway has finally returned to St. Vladimir's—and to her best friend, Lissa. It is nearly graduation, and the girls can't wait for their real lives beyond the Academy's iron gates to begin. But Rose's heart still aches for Dimitri, and she knows he's out there, somewhere.

She failed to kill him when she had the chance. And now her worst fears are about to come true— Dimitri has tasted her blood, and now he is hunting her. Only this time, he won't rest until Rose joins him...forever
 
 
My Review
This book had me on tenterhooks right from the word go, merely because the last left me on edge wanting to know what was going to happen next, but then this one was just as strong and powerful and addictive. Yes this series is by far one of the most addictive books, and series that I have read since the house of night series. Perhaps even better than the house of night series. What I like about this series is the fact that every book is different, none of them are the same for they have their own adventure and sceanrios in each one. I think this is what causes it a complication to come up with any negatives, because their all so different but all very well written. Rose was, as always, well produced in words and descriptions here in the story and I have to admit, I love her wild reckless attitude that means she goes out and does whatever the hell she wants to do without caring about what others think. It just seemed to add this little element off fun to the book that gets the readers adrenaline racing and going. Lissa seemed a lot more effective in this book as well, though I kind of admit, I wish she had been more involved at the ending which, by thr way, was something I never really expected.
 
As the series goes on I find myself falling in love with Adrian, but feeling that tug towards Dimitri as well. I think this is something that the author hsa displayed well because it means that you get a real feel for how Rose is feeling, the battles that she has to go through, and the decisions that she has therefore to make. I suppose in some senses you could see that dimitri was going to come back and perhaps this was therefore a little risky and cliche. It would, after all, seem odd to get rid of the love affair when he had played a crucial part beforehand. However, this book seemed to focus solely on rose which means there are clearly a lot of mysteries left to discovered and worked out. This makes the book far more engaging and gripping because it has you constantly pondering, constantly wondering what is about to happen next. What does the author have in store for us.
 
That ending though was by far the most shocking that I have read so far in the series. I am left where I am not sure what to think or what to know. Would tatiana kill herself, or did she know someone was out to kill her, or was someone planning to fake her identity by being her? Will rose end up dead and be found guilty or will all be restored and she becomes one of the best and most highly respected guardians at the end of it all who gets her love life back in order. I just love the way the book has you thinking, feeling and living. There is just this huge atmosphere and essence that the book has that makes you not want to put it down. I never want this series to end.  
 
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...