Tuesday 31 January 2012

Last Sacrifice , by Richelle Mead


Paperback, 584 pages
Published December 10th 2010 by Puffin (first published January 1st 2010)
ISBN
0141331887 (ISBN13: 9780141331881)
setting
Pennsylvania (United States)

literary awards
 
 Rose Hathaway has always played by her own rules. She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir's Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardians to come.
Now the law has finally caught up with Rose--for a crime she didn't even commit. She's in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She'll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir.
But the clock on Rose's life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back . . . and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your whole life is about saving others, who will save you?
Join Rose, Dimitri, Adrian, and Lissa in LAST SACRIFICE, the epic, unforgettable finale to Richelle Mead's international #1 bestselling VAMPIRE ACADEMY series
  
My Review
I was actually quite sad to see the series end, even though it ended so perfectly. This has been a series that I have loved so much, that I have enjoyed from beginning to end, and a series that I have not got bored of at any point at all. The series is just put together so well in a way that has your attention the whole time. The book paced with adrenaline, it had adventure, imagination and drama. It had everything that it needed in order to make a good series of books and I know that this is the sort of series that I would happily recommened to any of my fellow readers. The last book was probably one of my favorite ones because of what was happening it. There just seemed to be this huge depth of edge and excitement within the pages that hand you on tenterhooks moreso than with the others. There was this whole sense of, will everything work out and who actually commited the crime. I suppose what it was with this book was that there was a lot of mysteries all rolled into one, and although it may have seemed like they were not interlinked with one another, they were at the same time.

In this book, I even began to love lissa a little, merely because she seemed to show more character in this one, however I still think she is a bit of a whiney princess with a stick up her back side, but that could just be the side affects of the spirit power that she has I suppose. I was glad to see the rekindling of Rose and dimitris relationship however I was sad for Adrian because I feel that he really deserved to have someone special in his life, and it seemed to me that out of all the main characters, he was the only one not to get a happy ending with the perfect person who would be his soul mate. The book was emotionally moving in many ways. I found myself wishing I could speed read and take the whole book in properly because I just wanted to know all the conclusions so badly, that I had to get to the end no matter what. Its kind of annoying therefore when you have to stop reading in order to eat, but hey ho.

Well, the series has come to the end, but I here that there is another series out related to it, which is sitting on my shelf thankfully, though I doubt it will match the expectations that this series has. I was once a true house of night lover, but now my heart is split in two for the vampire academy, and the house of night. An amazing author that I will for sure follow.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...