Wednesday 4 January 2012

A Kiss in Time by Alex Flinn


Paperback, 371 pages
Published December 8th 2010 by HarperCollins Canada / Other (first published April 28th 2009)
ISBN
006087421X (ISBN13: 9780060874216)
original title
A Kiss in Time
characters
setting
Miami Beach, Florida (United States)

Talia fell under a spell. . . .
Jack broke the curse.
I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic. . . .
I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot-looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.
I awakened in the same place but in another time—to a stranger's soft kiss.
I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.
Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!
Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels. . . . The good news: My parents will freak!
Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all—even time? 



 My Review
Well out of all her books, this has to be my favorite one. It is based on the tale of sleeping beauty and yet it has been twisted into a modern conception which you would only imagine to happen. I loved the story and the way this piece was worded and put together because it was evident that a lot of imagination was taken and used to form this write. What I liked was the way in which the princess was shown and painted within the readers mind. In the Disney version she is pretty, sweet and considerate. She is the perfect all round good girl. But in this book she is like what you would expect any princess to be, stubborn, spoilt and rude! She is the princess who wants things to run smoothly as they should, where nothing goes wrong and everything meets her standards and needs.

However, I did fall in love with Jack who seemed to have a bad boy touch to him and at the same time had a sweet sensitive touch to him. The book was written very well. It had the cliche romantic touch to it that was predictable but at the same time it was inviting and warm to read because it was different. The imagery that was within the novel was vivid and real in my mind which made the book a whole lot more exciting for myself. I really did enjoy this novel and it has restored my faith in her novels. 

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...