Saturday 7 January 2012

The Coven , by Cate Tiernan


Paperback, 192 pages
Published March 7th 2002 by Puffin Books (first published January 29th 2001)
ISBN
014131401X (ISBN13: 9780141314013)
edition language
English
original title
The Coven
series
setting

Morgan's powers are stronger than she ever imagined. She has visions, she lights fires with her mind, and her spells work miracles. When her boyfriend Cal, a member of the same coven, insists that witchcraft is in her blood, Morgan is confused. Her parents definitely aren't witches. They do seem to be keeping something secret, though-something about Morgan's past.


My Review
Aghhh, I can tell these short books are really going to have me gripped that I am already wondering how I will get some sleep because I find myself becoming addicted to the series. I don't think that this book was as good as the first one because the drama was missing, BUT the cliffhanger that it held and contained just meant that you got to the end of the novel and wanted to move instantly to the next one. I loved the fact that you seemed to see the evil sides of Bree and Raven in this book. In someways it actually remined me of the evermore series by Alyson Noel as there is a similar story line between friends and boyfriends in there as well.

I can't help but get the feeling though that there is something just not right about the relationship between Morgan and Cal. It just seems to feel a little fake and too rushed which makes me wonder, is it a fake relationship simply because of how strong a witch she is, or am I just reading into it a little to much. What was shocking though was the whole fact that Morgan was adopted. Yes I suppose I should have suspected it, after all her parents seem to be very strong catholics and she is a blood witch, but at the same time you still find yourself gasping and thinking oh my God! The books in their short versions though just seem so simple and basic that you can't help but want to read on because you know that there has to be more than meets the eyes there.

The ending though really has me held on suspense. she went into an area that must have been forbidden, found a book that should rightly belong to her because it belongs to her real mother, but what is going to happen next. Are Cal and his mother going to chuck her out and forbid her to come anywhere near the house again, is it going to ruin relationships or will some good come of it? I just find that I can not hold on to wait anymore. I have to read the next one!!!

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...