Monday 9 January 2012

The Calling , by Cate Tiernan


Paperback, 192 pages
Published August 1st 2002 by Puffin Books (first published October 29th 2001)
ISBN
0141314834 (ISBN13: 9780141314839)
edition language
English
original title
The Calling
series
 
Morgan and Hunter travel to New York City, Morgan to seek out information about her birth parents and Hunter to continue his quest to end the deadly Woodbane conspiracy. But in their search for answers, they find themselves in terrible danger.
 
  
My Review
Something is going on in the series that is hidden between the lines and which I can't work out. The ending brought tears to my eyes and made me scream at it because it just did not seem right at all. After all could she really throw away something that good when it was going so apparently well? I loved the power and possesion in the books though, in the way that they pull me in and make me wonder, think and feel. I keep on reading them, however this one seemed a little slow compare to the others which made me almost want to put it down, but the need to know what was going on made me hold on. I am enjoying the series but they do seem to be getting a little slower at the same time which means I wonder if they are just starting to drag than be the books that they are meant to be?
I kind of expected Cieron to be her father as that seemed a little more than obvious, after all her past mother had loved him and something had clearly gone on between them. However the way that she found out just didn't seem... well it didn't seem shocked enough. It was almost as if it had been worked up to become this big explosion of power and emotion and that yet it failed to convey this and failed to make you go oh and feel what she felt. There is no doubt that there was more potential for this to be expanded on so that it was as emotional as it needed to be.

I will continue to read the series, to find out what happened. Merely because I want to see if they will get back together or not, or if they are to be friends and nothing more. I mean I can understand her irritation with him, he was treating her like a child and over protecting her. But at the same time I could also see where he was coming from. He was just trying to protect the one person that he loved and he failed at it because they didnr't realize it was her that they were after. There is a lot going on in these books and I do feel that there going to have suprises within the future, so I know I just have to keep reading it.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...