Sunday 8 January 2012

Spellbound , by Cate Tiernan


Paperback, 192 pages
Published July 4th 2002 by Puffin Books (first published September 10th 2001)
ISBN
0141314052 (ISBN13: 9780141314051)
edition language
English
original title
Spellbound
series
 
Morgan and Hunter are growing closer, and Morgan is discovering more about witchcraft and her powers. She knows that a great battle is to come, but there is a more immediate threat. Morgan senses something emanating from her ex-boyfriend Cal's old house, and she isn't sure what it is. Hunter keeps having accidents, and it becomes obvious that someone is out to do him harm. Clearly, they both need to be on their guard. But is their enemy a human, or a witch? 
 
My Review
And so the plot thickens, where evil meets good and the two are confused, mixed up and jumbled. I can't even begin to imagine what I would do if I was in Morgan's situation, however when I think about it, I suppose we can all connect because we have all been in situations similar to this. I loved the way that the author worked on the relationship between Hunter and Morgan in this book because it was slow and showed how it was a sort of hate love relationship. This felt like a much more real based relationship compared to the Morgan Cal on. Effectively, the author had allowed the emotions to brew to draw the reader in. Your constantly wonder, well are they going to get together or not and so you carry on reading because you want to find out.

But then of course, you also have the whole mysterious case of things going wrong. Breaks being broken, dark sources floating around and stairs collapsing in on people. In this sense you just know that something dark is brooding, yet we have no idea who it could. Of course we can conclude that its Cal and Selena, simple because that is the obvious conclusions, after all no one else has really shown up to be evil yet. Perhaps therefore this made it a little.... well... predictable. Would it have harmed the author to put in a few more parties on cal and selenas side who are working for her? of course its possible that they are there but there going to show themselves later on, which is why you carry on reading I suppose. Just with this hope that something truly dramatic is going to happen.

However, the romance I am loving at the moment is the morgan and hunter one or even the Robbie and Bree one, its the sky and raven one. I just want to read into that more. I mean two people who were both considered to be evil in the first book actually seem to be having the most genuine sort of love relationship in the book and that makes my heart flutter. I want to really read into that relationship and I want to see it expand into something. I think I will almost in a way be disappointed if nothing does happen between them.

The ending was a little...plain but at the same time well written. Of course though they were going to use her closest family member to get a hold of her, thats what always happens, its not possible for the author to break away from this cliche? Overall the series is quite interetsting at the moment and I will finish it

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...