Sunday 18 December 2011

Jonas , by Eden Maguire



 When I was little I was taught, that when we died we either went to Heaven or to Hell. As I got older I started to believe more in Heaven but less in Hell. I believe and still do believe, that we make our own Hell. However, what if these are not the only two realms that we can too. Many books and many people talk about the limbo realm, where you go when things are not quite right. People often describe them as ghosts, those who still have to work out what happened to them and why. I suppose many of us would be scared and confused if our loved ones turned up infront of us when they had been dead. I know it would confuse me a lot and I would wonder if I was dreaming. This in many ways is what the book focuses on. It focuses on those who have been given a second chance to figure out what has occured to them, how their death came about and what the point of them being stuck in limbo is all about. After all some people die when they were not meant to and now have to seek out the truth and revenege.

The book was written in a very simplistic manner, but it seemed to have a lot of imagination and creativity to it that was very well expressed and had a lot of character and edge to it. I loved the whole teenage drama scene of death and love combining with one another, yet felt that her seeing her dead loved one was not quite received with the reaction that most people would give. For example, if it were me then I would be screaming that I was truly and utterly going crazy and would be trying to run away from myself. Whereas in the book she acts all happy dappy and romantic with them. I suppose though this could be the true reaction of some people had they been in her situation.

I did like the difference of the story though I was not sure as to why they seemed to have these wing tattoos. Was this a possible sign of what they could gain if they did seek out the truth and sought out there revenege? The character though who struck me most was hunter, for I certainly felt that there was more than meets the eyes with him and I am hoping that as the series develops we will start to learn more about him. He just seems to have this bad boy tought guy act on, and I think there are many other layers beneath him and I have a feeling that not all of them are good. There has to be a reason afterall as to why he stays there in the realm of living, when others dont get a chance or choice to after twelve months. something just doesnt seem to add up there unless I read it wrong?

I do feel though this was a refreshing and aventurous read with a whole new idea in its words. It is possible that it has been done before, but it was the imaginative detail that really grasped me attention and kept me holding onto the book. I have most definently now gone and reserved the next two books in the series merely so I can find out more. For me the book just stirred up a lot of questions and I think a whole series of plots and mysteries are about to unfold.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...