Saturday 3 December 2011

Goddess of Troy by P.C.Cast

 

P.C.Cast will always and forever remain as one of my favorite authors. No matter how similar or predictable her books may be, they always attract me and keep me reading. I love the way that she writes her novels with such a huge sense of reality and yet how she seems to keep this sense of historical truth in her piece as well. I felt that there was a lot within this book that was worth reading, enough to keep the adrenaline racing and have me wanting to NOT put the book down. The author made me chuckle with the crafting of her two modern mortal characters, for I was able to clearly visualize them within my mind, as young women, unmarried and yet desiring of some lust and love in their love. She crafted them with her words perfectly, meaning that it was evidentally alive in my mind as I was reading, making it a much more enjoyable read.

Of course, I kept envisioning the guys as half horse, half men, but that is merely because I am familiar to her other books, goddess by mistake, but as I continued to read, I was able to really see what it was that she was painting with my head. I loved the way that she did not make the book over cliche and showed that love is about work, its about realizing the flaws and accepting them no matter what. I just felt that in some ways the book had some messages and morals to it, that we all have an angry side to us that takes over, but no matter what, it does not have to be all and end all of us. We can be who we want to be.

The romantic touch of the book was very well written and even the hot and steamy sections have me squirming within my seat a little, which just showed to me how realistic she had made her book feel. I found myself unable to put the book down and was determined to get to the end to make sure that it was a happy ever after. Tears formed in my eyes when it seemed like the story of kats friend and her lovers cousin was at an end, when it seemed he would die. My heart was screamiong at the pages, begging for them to not let the character die. And yet at the same time, I felt kats fear and worry when her lover went of to war and was not himself. I felt her concern.

For me, the author really made the emotions breathe and be with her words. She made the reader connect with the piece so that they were not only reading it, but they were feeling it and experiencing it. I loved every inch, line, word and chapter of this piece. It is one of those books that I would happily read over and over again if I ever needed a novel to read. Not once have I been put of by one of her novels and hope to read and own her entire collection of books as I go on in life.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...