Friday 16 December 2011

Forgotten by Cat Patrick



I don't want to ever think about what I would do if I couldn't remember my past, about what happened yesterday, and that the only way I could remember was to read notes that I had written for myself. Yet, I would love to know the future, for then I could perhaps avoid situations that are awkward and hard to handle, that should not be lived or seen. I would imagine though that that would make life a whole lot more complicated and difficult. Especially when you start to discover secrets of the past that you can't quite form and understand. Like losing a family member and not really membering them, having a father that you never really know you had.

The book is a powerful and thought provoking piece because it seemed to reflect the importance of the past and the present, but also the future. That things cna happen which can tye up neatly into our future and help us to become the person that we wanted to be. What I loved was the power of the characters, the way in which they acted with each other and really seemed to entwine with one another. I loved the fall out between Jamie and London, but at the same time I wanted to know what significance the whole teacher student relationship really had. Afterall it didn't really tie up any of the story together other than the two friends fell out and then made up towards the end. It almost seemed to be a pointless side plot line, that just wasn't all that but perhaps filled a gap?

I loved the way luke was the romantic sweetheart, because at the beginning of the book you paint this image of some obnoxious guy who is only after one thing. But he isn't. He's sweet caring and considerate. I loved the delicacy that the writer has given him and the way she has evolved him into something and someone with her words. It seems that she really out a lot of thought and feeling into the characters. It did feel a little simple in some places, almost as if more edge and power could have been given to the novel. But it conveyed a story that is unlike any other that has already been written, and it does invite the reader in to become one and all with the characters so that they are left pondering what sort of effect it would have on their life.

Its not the best book in the world, but it is a good read and an enjoyable read. It talks about a lot without really expressing a lot. It makes you think and it makes you feel. it is engaging for sideline reading and I did enjoy reading it.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...