Thursday 15 December 2011

The Iron Witch by Karen Mahoney



The idea behind this story was different and fresh, and yes I am aware that I am starting to repeat myself, but perhaps that is due to the fact that the most recent books have been very few and far from being similar to one another. I suppose in many ways the book actually made me sit back and think about the xmen, because aren't there people in that who have unique powers and body parts made of different materials? The cover of the book has always captivated me as the marks on her arm are beautiful and the marks, actually reminded me of those in the house of night series. I just loved the way the lines flowed from one to next with this huge sense of teenage reality and adrenaline. A teenager who just wanted to be a teenager but who had too much to focus on.

However, the book was in many places cliche. Falling in love just so easily, trusting someone they barely knew with a secret they could not tell their best friend. It just seems to me that the relationship seemed to flow all to perfectly in that everything was hunky dory and nothing really seemed to go wrong, or well too wrong. I suppose in many concepts this actually made the book a little dull and slow, because of the lack of drama. You were almost wanting the guy to fall and really harm himself that he was close to death. But when he was severely harmed he was fixed within a couple of seconds, which just made the drama fade.

I think that in order for a book to have excitement it needs to have those slips and disastors. It needs to tear apart in order to pull the reader in. Although the ending of the book has made me want to read the second one that is out, I was still somewhat disappointed by the motion and movement of this one. I just felt that it had so much more potential. Don't get me wrong, it was engaging and exciting, but it could have been so much better at the same time.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...