Wednesday 16 November 2011

The Postmistress by Sarah Blake

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51PE50HNRZL._SL500_AA300_.jpg     

I truly found this to be an absolutely wonderful novel, one that I perhaps would never have considered reading a few years ago. The book is set in the 1940's and is based around three very different females, who are all at the end entertwined by one commonality. I really felt that the author captured the war time amazingly well here within the novel, for I could actually feel the fear of the bombs through the words, and felt like I myself was actually one of the war victims. The author went into a lot of descriptive detail, but it was not so overly descriptive that it became boring. I felt that the way she introduced the three main characters was done very well and in a way that is sure to keep her readers attention.

The book flowed easily from one chapter to the next in an easy transition that didn't make the story complex or difficult to understand. I just felt that in so many ways she had really captured the truth about romance. she had made the emotions come alive and it meant that whilst I was reading them, I was really able to experience them as well. There was fear, sorrow, loss and love, and they all interconnected with one another as they do in reality. The author has just been very clever with this novel and has really made a piece of work with it. I don't think I have a bad word at all to say about this book.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing (my current rating)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...