Monday 14 November 2011

The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41RAffxJhrL._SL500_AA300_.jpg            

Wouldn't it be fun to have a diary that could tell you what was going to happen the next day, a diary that would prepare you for the worst and allow you that chance to change it first. It's not a thought that has ever crossed my mind until now that is. What an amazing book!! I loved her first book that I read, P.S I love you, and so I knew to expect great things from her this time as well. I enjoyed the fact that it was written about a teenage girl and that it held a lot of mystery and fun within it. It just made the book unpredictable for me and really gave the piece a sort of edge to keep you on your toes.

I felt that the author really connected with her main character in that she allowed herself to become the main character and to understand her. In some ways this has worked really well, because you can almost imagine the whole story actually being real, and you start to understand what it is that tamara is feeling and why. You do notice which characters are acting strange, and you are able to tell that they are up to no good, but your not actually able to fully work it out. Or I wasn't able to anyway. The author though has made all her characters connect to each other in a wonderful and fluid way. She has made it all flow together so that it really works together.

I do think the ending was perhaps a little rushed, but perhaps that is just because I want to actually imagine myself in the situation and want to become a part of the novel. But I was able to become a part of it. I was able to imgaine myself as Tamara, and that I was getting annoyed and frustrated with the people currently in my life. the wording of the book was simple but it was very effective in putting across what it wanted to put across. I just think that this author has an amazing writing style and that her books, no matter what, are captivating in every sense of the word.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it (my current rating) it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...