Sunday 30 October 2011

Pandora , by Anne Rice

  Pandora (New Tales of the Vampires, #1) 


Anne Rice is one of my favorite authors, however I found this book to be a bit if a disappointment as there didnt seem to be a lot of depth nor detail within it to keep me interested and I soon became bored. I found myself skimming over pages rather than wanting to read into them and my feeling on this, is that the book lost imagination, creativity and adventure. Other books by Anne Rice have had a lot more mystery and care placed ionto them and this is why they are usually more engaging and inviting, making me want to read. However this one seemed to be very very mild in comparrisson to her other novels. One thing that does annoy me about Anne Rice's novels is the way that she advertises her other novels within the book, such as lasher and the vampire lestat. its almost as if she is using her novels as a cheaper form of advetising rather than letting her style of writing attract her readers in.


I just felt that with this book there was a lot of focus on her life before she came a vampire and when she did become a vampire it seemed to be not so important at all. I would have liked to have known about the complications she came across as she got adjusted with her life, but instead it merely skimmed over those and I was quick to find myself at the end wondering what the point of the novel even was. I will try not to let this novel put me off reading others written by anne rice, but this probably one of the most boring books that I have read in a while. I just feel that there was a lot of room for improvement and potential here. Perhaps it was a book that was quickly written merely for the sake of it, as it does feel rushed and not very much cared about.


I am trying to find some positive things about this book but I am unavble to find any. In so many ways I was waiting for the book to actually end so that I could move onto the next one. hopefully one of her other books will restore my faith in her writing.


My rating: didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...