Thursday 28 February 2013

Body Blow , by Peter Cocks

Body Blow (Eddie Savage #2)
Paperback, 368 pages
Published April 5th 2012 by Walker Books (first published March 1st 2012)
ISBN
140632728X (ISBN13: 9781406327281)
edition language
English
series
 
"Well, Eddie, I'm glad to see you looking so well," Napier said. "For a dead man."

Eddie Savage is back.

While his physical scars are fading, the emotional scars are taking longer to heal. But one thing's certain: his old life is no longer for him.

Eddie heads for Spain on the promise of sun, sea and beautiful women - but is drawn, irrevocably, back into the criminal underworld. It appears that greater forces are at work.

Tommy Kelly may be safely locked up back home, but on the Costa del Sol the drug wars are raging.

The Kelly family is still very much alive ... and kicking.

A gripping, fast-paced thriller that pulls no punches
 
My Review
I admit, that I have not read the first novel in the series, but I also do not feel like I really needed to, as I found myself attracted to the novel and understand it fully, so I didn't really feel like I was missing too much here. Usually I stick to the fantasy type novels, so the crime ones never really attracted me enough to pick them up. But when I won this one in a good reads giveaway, I thought that perhaps it was about time I started opening the doors to other genres and letting myself really get the full reading experience. And I am glad that I did. The chracters within this novel were well defined and the more I think about it, the more they remind me of the teen series, gallagher girls. 
 
What I loved about this novel was the fact that it had this sense of power within it to draw the reader in and allowed them to really gain a full experience of the novel. you felt like you were becoming one with the characters. You found yourself feeling the fear that Eddie was feeling, as well as the love, the passion and the excitement. there was so much going on here within the novel, but it wasn't so much that you felt lost, or like you were just being rushed through it. It was almost like you were visualizing the novel whilst you were reading it.
 
It has made me more interested in getting hold of the first novel and reading it so that I can see how the whole story started, but it has also left me wanting more, to see what actually happened with the whole kelly situation. Does eddie go and see him and if so what does tommy want? How does he get over the fact that he has lost not just one girl but two, how is he going to allow his heart to mend and him to move on. I feel that the book is certainly fast moving and therefore very impacting in many ways.
 
I would certainly advise anyone to read this book, because the author clearly has talent and knows what he is doing when he writes. I wouldnt claim this to be a thriller though because it didnt leave me hiding under my duvet like a stephen king novel. I would certainly class this as crime rather than thriller. 
 
rating 5 of 5 stars false  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...