Thursday 20 December 2012

Supernaturally , by Kiersten White

Supernaturally (Paranormalcy, #2)
Hardcover, 336 pages
Published July 26th 2011 by HarperTeen
ISBN
0061985864 (ISBN13: 9780061985867)
edition language
English
original title
Supernaturally
characters
 
Evie finally has the normal life she’s always longed for. But she’s shocked to discover that being ordinary can be...kind of boring. Just when Evie starts to long for her days at the International Paranormal Containment Agency, she’s given a chance to work for them again. Desperate for a break from all the normalcy, she agrees.

But as one disastrous mission leads to another, Evie starts to wonder if she made the right choice. And when Evie’s faerie ex-boyfriend Reth appears with devastating revelations about her past, she discovers that there’s a battle brewing between the faerie courts that could throw the whole supernatural world into chaos. The prize in question? Evie herself.

So much for normal
 
My Review
I felt that this one was definitely better than the first one because there seemed to be a more unique storyline and plot to it that didn't have you totally knowing what it was that was about to happen. In this one we see Evie living the normal life, where she knows what she is, sort of, and she is at school doing all the things that she wants to do. But this doesn't matter, because everything, like it does in all books, is about to turn totally and utterly upside down. She's wanted back and she has things to do which will save others from danger, but it appears that someone is causing trouble by giving wrong information or purposely leaving Evie in difficult situations that could equally put her in a life or death sitatuation. I do feel that the styory line was just so much better because I felt more involved with this novel. I felt I could actually connect to it and enjoy it in a way that means I wanted to carry on reading.

I don't think that I would class this one as cliche because of the fact that there seemed to be more of a plot to it that was self indulging. But there also seemed to be a lot of bits that were left open or just basically skipped over, almost as if they were not that important. this just left me wondering why on earth they were actually written within the novel if they were not that important. Like for example the brief meeting with her real and alive father, that was very short, s surely he has to follow up the story in some formation or another. Im not sure that this is the sort of series that I will read again as for me it still comes across as very simplistic and dull. thers a vibe, but not one that is catching and leaving me itching for more and more.

The ending was good though and I just loved that it had me caught within its net. that bit really seemed to be the life and the soul of the book which really makes the rest of it a shame. It just has me raging that the rest of the book is not written in that style and context because it is so very obvious that she has talent and skill and that she knows what it is that she is doing.

I don't think that this is the series for me, but for others it may be. Its not a bad book and the author knows what she is doing but I think there is room for potential and that it has room to grow in order for it to stand out from the crowd of books already so very much like this one.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...