Sunday 9 September 2012

Twisted Heart , by Eden Maguire

Twisted Heart (Dark Angel, #2)
Paperback, 430 pages
Published 2011 by Hodder Children's Books
ISBN
1444901877 (ISBN13: 9781444901870)
edition language
English
series
 
We will all rise,' Zoran warned while all around him burned. 'There will be other times, other places - a million other willing souls!' With a heart twisted by the lust for new lovers to destroy, new souls to connquer and a desire for revenge against Tania, the Dark Angel can take any shape, inhabit any body. He will lie low until the time is right. The battle against the Dark Angel isn't over
 
 
   My Review
Well this was a little better than the first one but not by much. I just felt like I was rereading the first book with a few twists and changes. I am starting to get a little irritated with the fact that the novels are pretty much predictable from the word go. as soon as the mention of highly good looking blokes had come into the novel you knew exactly who they were and what it was that they were after. When jarrod the romantically obsessed wanted Tania, you knew who he really was. It just meant that you kind of knew how the book would end before it had even really started. someone would get side tracked to join the group of devils, tell all the real friends in their life that they are crazy and know nothing at all, and then end up in a huge state of danger that meant the others needed to resuce them so that they could have there friend done. I think this in many ways sums up the story without you needing to read it and therefore shows just how boring it actually is and the fact that its just not worth reading. Still there is one more book in the series to go and I will read it.

My hope for the series getting better though has died down rather a lot because you start to get the impression that the third book is going to be pretty much the same as the first two except that because its the last book in the series its going to end with some super huge big fight and war where the dark angels loose and the good angels win but have some serious injuries that probably means one of the main characters ends up in hospital with half a ton of people around them when they wake up. Now I could be wrong but from previous experience with a series like this I can pretty much garuntee that I wont be far off somewhere along the lines. I just find that the characters are not relatable and its not the sort of series that is going to stay with me on my mind. I will more than likely forget it very quickly. There are places where I am doing nothing but skim read and places that a little more iteresting until you realize that actually you read the same sort of thing in book one.

I really wish it had been a better book but I cant actually give the book more than a two star rating. I enjoyed it for what it was but was not overly impressed by it. its one of those books that you simply read just merely to pass the time and thats about it in all honesty.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...