Wednesday 18 April 2012

Entice , by Carrie Jones



264 pages
Published January 3rd 2011 (first published December 7th 2010)
ISBN
1408810441 (ISBN13: 9781408810446)
edition language
English
original title
Entice
series
characters
 
 
Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever.
But that's not quite how things have worked out.

For starters, well, Nick is dead.
Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?

And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned...she's Astley's queen
 
 
 
 My Review

After having read the first three books of the series I would say that this is almostn certainly the best one out of the lot. I love the fact that the book seems to come a little more alive here, that you start to get a real feel for the action that is occuring within the background, but there is still no denying the very fact that its still missing that little something extra that makes it that jaw dropping awesome. I have grown to love and adore astley and I feel sorry for him, to have a queen that I am sure he loves, and yet who does not love him exactly the same way. But in the book you do get this sense and feeling of him being like a big brother rather than a partner who is there to romance you and make you happy. to me he reminded me of a gay best friend that you need there by your side, but also the tough jocky friend who protects you when all hell is about to break loose. In many ways you don't really get a feel for the other characters in the novel and I can still see so many other aspects of other novels within this one, like twilight where bella is always accidental and so is Zara here. perhaps in a way the author has tried a little too hard to make the books likeable and enjoyable when I'm sure that it could have been much much better in so many standards and ways.
 
I did like the action scenes, but I still found myself skimming most of the pages within the book because it just didn't seem to have a lot to offer to me. It rushed throughout everything, like the meeting with the mother, that was barely a meeting at all. you just don't get a feel for the other characters in the novel and that for me is a huge disadvantage because well, you don't get the ultimate depth of a story that way. It's a shame really because I do think that the books could have been as good as they were made out to be, but for me, they were a bit of a let down with possible potential.
 
Like the others, I shall be giving this one a three star for the fact that it has potential and a story line that offers a little something to the reader at least. However, I would have loved to have given it a four star point, but do not feel it has the right characteristics for it. Its a dissappointmennt for me but I can see how its attractive to others.
 
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...