Wednesday 7 March 2012

The Summer I Turned Pretty , by Jenny Han

The Summer I Turned Pretty (Summer, #1)

Paperback, 276 pages
Published 2010 by Puffin (first published May 5th 2009)
ISBN
0141330538 (ISBN13: 9780141330532)
edition language
English
original title
The Summer I Turned Pretty
series
characters
 
Some summers are just destined to be pretty.

Belly measures her life in summers. Everything good, everything magical happens between the months of June and August. Winters are simply a time to count the weeks until the next summer, a place away from the beach house, away from Susannah, and most importantly, away from Jeremiah and Conrad. They are the boys that Belly has known since her very first summer -- they have been her brother figures, her crushes, and everything in between. But one summer, one wonderful and terrible summer, the more everything changes, the more it all ends up just the way it should have been all along
 
 
My Review
When you look at it from an overall perspective it actually appears as nothing more than a very basic book, with nothing overly exciting to read into other than nother teenage love romance that involves a love triangle. However, if your willing to read with an open mind you can actually see that there is a whole lot more within its pages than what you first thought that was there. there is real life drama, confusion, pain and emotion. This is the kind of book that I would recommend to teenagers who are struggling with life, who don't know what to do or how to act. its a powerful and well written novel therefore, because it challenges the readers to think outside of the box. 
 
When I was a teenager and I started a new school without my friends, I was handed malory towers, but I wish that someone had handed this book to me when I was strugglin with bullying, boys and my uncles death because I really think it would have helped me a little more to see that not everything is as bad as it seems, and that you can fix it if you just put your mind to it. I lovied the characters that were introducved though it was a little cliche in some places, like it was obvious who the handsome hero was, and who the date was going to be. it was well written though in some senses, and its the sort of book you would read if all you wanted was a simple and easy read.  
 
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...