Sunday 4 March 2012

Prey , by Rachel Vincent

Prey (Shifters, #4)

Mass Market Paperback, 393 pages
Published July 1st 2009 by Mira Books
ISBN
0778326810 (ISBN13: 9780778326816)
edition language
English
original title
Prey (Shifters, #4)
characters
Sometimes playing cat and mouse is no game...Play? "Right." My Pride is under fire from all sides, my father's authority is in question and my lover is in exile. Which means I haven't laid eyes on Marc's gorgeous face in months. And with a new mother "and" an I-know-everything teenager under my protection, I don't exactly have time to fantasize about ever seeing him again.
Then our long-awaited reunion is ruined by a vicious ambush by strays. Now our group is under attack, Marc is missing and I will need every bit of skill and smarts to keep my family from being torn apart. Forever.
My review
Well what can I see really, other than the fact that I absolutely love this series more and more as I read on and discover more and more about their world and all the things that they have to go through. I love the fact that the book always has a new twist, meaning your always on your toes. therir appears to be nothing cliche or sameish within this series, meaning that I never ever really become bored of it, and just want to read on and on. Which of course makes me wish I had more time last week to finish it quicker so that I could enjoy it ultimately more. I still adore faythe and her sense of independance, the fact that she knows what she wants, how she wants it and how she is going to get about it. But at the same time, I find myself falling in love with the other characters as well, wanting to connect to them. Like the new tabbie. I got frustrated with her. I wanted to slap her silly and tell her to stop being such a silly stubborn teenager. that she has to get over the fear and understand that her health and her life are at risk here. And thats one of the talents with this book. it gets you to feel and it gets you attracted and addicted!!
However, this book in the series brought tears to my eyes because of what happened., A certain page turner was added to the series, something that you just did not expect at all, and when it happened you just wondered why the hell it happened in the first place. you could relate and connect with the characters sorrow, depression and anger, and you could understand the reason for how they acted afterwards. It just seemed to add this whole new twist to the whole series that seemed to say hello... don't get bored of me yet because I have something new to offer to you ;) The whole novel is just amazing, from beginning to end. I found myself reading it faster and faster. not skim reading it, but taking it all in and turning the page as quickly as I could to make sure I could find out what happened next.  However, the tears really did fall from my eyes on this book, because of the loss.
I wish I had had the time and the resources to write this review as soon as I had finished the book because the thoughts and emotions would have been fresher in my mind, would have been more detailed and more effective. I feel bad that all I can offer to you is the fact that this series is a worth while read and I would suggest you go and pick it up and enjoy it just as much as I have. its  a worthwhile read. an amazing author, someone I would love to follow!

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...