Saturday 25 February 2012

Rogue , by Rachel Vincent

Rogue (Shifters, #2)

Mass Market Paperback, 394 pages
Published April 1st 2008 by Mira Books
ISBN
0778325555 (ISBN13: 9780778325550)
edition language
English
original title
Rogue
series
characters
 
Okay, so cats don't always land on their feet.

I know that better than most. Since rejoining the Pride, I've made big decisions and even bigger mistakes: the kind paid for with innocent lives. As the first and only female enforcer, I have plenty to prove to my father, the Pride, and myself. And with murdered toms turning up in our territory, I'm working harder than ever, though I always find the energy for a little after-hours recreation with Marc, my partner both on- and off-duty.

But not all of my mistakes are behind me. We're beginning to suspect that the dead are connected to a rash of missing human women and that they can all be laid at my feet--two or four, take your pick. And one horrible indiscretion may yet cost me more than I can bear..
 
 
My Review
So let me start with OMG! Could this series possibly get any more exciting, causing my adrenaline to race so fast and hard that I swear Ill have some sort of heart attack at any point. The book starts of a little slow, yes, but at the same time, you know its worth holding out for because you know that something is going to happen. I think thats what I like most about this series, the fact that it has the ability to keep you on complete and utter edge, to find out what happens next. The characters literally come alive within your mind as you read the words on the pages, as does the scene and the situations. The author has this wonderful ability to make you feel like you are right there within the scene, that you can feel, breathe and smell the very essence that is around. There is a whole lot of imgination within it that does make it stand out from many other series, which makes it most unique and therefore far more attracting to the eye and to the readers mind. This series does not seem to have that tendancy to drag on which is what I find with most other series, that by the end of the second book your kind wondering why they even bothered to write it in the first place. The book is just one of those types of books that has cliff hangers all over it, so much so that I am actually struggling to find any sort of negative in it. All I can do at the moment is praise it and tell other people to please read this series and fall in love with it as much as I am right now.

The characters are vibrant in a way that you get this real feel of how they are feeling. Like when Marc and Faythe were having complications my heart broke. I actually cried tears for Faythe because I could feel the pain, the torment and the confusion that she was going through. I wanted to scream out and grab for Marc, to tell him not to go, to not leave and to give her another chance because it really wasnt her fault. The book just pulled me in so deeply that I just totally felt myself emotionally connecting to it, which is dangerous on some levels because it can leave me feeling a little edge on some levels, to the fact that I have to wind myself down from the novel. But then this also shows how much talent the author has, because it can take a lot to draw an audience in that much and that powerfully. 

In so many ways, I find myself admiring Rachel and feeling a little jealous of her talent because I wish I was able to write a novel of that much experience and power. There is nothing that I can say that I hate about this book because I do really and totally love it and I just look forward to reading the rest of the series, with the hope that it will not let me down in my love affair.
 
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...