Tuesday 17 January 2012

City of Glass , by Cassandra Clare


Hardcover, 541 pages
Published March 24th 2009 by Margaret K. McElderry
ISBN
1416914307 (ISBN13: 9781416914303)
edition language
English
original title
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
setting
Alicante, Idris, 2007
New York City, New York, 2007 (United States)

literary awards

 
To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters -- never mind that enter-ing the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City -- whatever the cost?
Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.


My Review
It made me laugh, cry, sigh in frustration and annoyance. It had me hooked in a very tight trap which was rather comfortable and I didnt want to leave. The book just had so much power and possession within it that you just read on and on and on. It was a little slow compared to the others, but it was still just as exciting and adventruous. The characters had this real feeling to them that made them vibrant and enegertic, but also made the tale a tale of its own. It was kind of nice to visit the mainland of the shadow hunters and I never expected the drama to unfold like it did. I kind of got the feeling throughout the book that sebastian was not who he was meant to be. However I also get the feeling that Joclyn is not all who she is meant to be. Perhaps that is just me being a little over suspicious though? Yet if I wasnt, what would be the point of my reading the series still. I loved the fact that Jace continued to be the hard tough acting guy, but I didnt believe it and refused to believe it, about him having demon blood. that just didn't seem to match up with his personality in my opinion and so it could not be right at all.

I kinda guessed that yes Clary had some angel blood in her somewhere because she was all too powerful but you did have to wonder for a while if she was perhaps the one with the demon blood as well because of her firey attitude and tough personality. Throughout the series so far I had been hoping, praying and wishing that they were not siblings, and when I discovered they were not siblings only then to read that Jace had died, I cried. I literally cried because that was wrong. he was not meant to die. how dare he die. I was angry with him for being so careless because he should have been better than that. But that just couldnt be the end of it. I was at a moment of suspense. Do I read on to find out what is really happening, or do I stop because Im angry at the persons death. What I love about the way that these books are written is the way that they do invoke so much emotion in the reader that they addict the reader to the words. It draws them in. The author has written with such a huge amount of talent and power!! she is one of the better authors that I have read in the young adult category.

What I liked though, was that despite the fact the book was ending, it still leaves you with this huge list of suspicions and thoughts. Are all the characters what they appear to be or are some of them about to betray them? Is simon ever going to find the right girl to settle down with. Will Jace and Clary have the happy ending. Of course you know its not the end of the series because there is at least two books after this one, which means that there has to be more drama there!! there has to be something else happening, so is Valentine about to make some sort of return or is someone else going to take his place. I just love this series because of what it incites the reader to imagine. there is just a whole new world here with the piece that you cant help but read on more and more. I would suggest this book and entire series to anyone who loves imagination!!!

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

2 comments:

  1. There is three more books after this one. :D And the next one will make you just as frustrated and angry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, you have pointed out some fantastic points , I likewise think this s a very wonderful website. folding doors

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...