Saturday 10 December 2011

Wintercraft, Blackwatch by Jenna Burtenshaw



There is a book that goes before this one, and it is not one that I have read. But I found that you did not really need to read it in order to understand it fully. Of course if you had read the first one then the story would make full and complete sense, but not having read it, does not ruin the story which this novel holds. I loved the whole action adventure feel that this book has, the way it moved with rush, adrenaline and made my heart race. The piece seemed to have a lot of detail to it that just drew my mind into a whole new world, made me feel like I was the main female character. The emotions were rich with depth and edge that made them striking and powerful in their words, making the reader really connect to the piece.

This is certainly not usually the kind of book that I read, but it was effective and engaging none the less because it was different for me. I loved the way there was always drama, but also the way in which there seemed to be at least two different sets of lives in completely different worlds with different rules and species. It just seemed to add this more adventurous feel to it than other novels that you have possibly read. The ending was perfect, because it left you wanting to know what was going to happen next and it really has left me wanting to read the first one so I can really understand it.

I liked the fact that there was no romance in the novel but that there was a hint of romance in the novel because it made it more exciting. I love the fact that it leaves your minds wondering about where it could be something in the making. Is it something that is likely to occur within the next book and yet it makes you wonder if it will. And if it does, who is likely to become an item and who is not. I just loved the overall depth of this piece because it was not cliche nor predictable. It was always on the go and seemed to have a mind and creative feel of its own.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...