Thursday 29 December 2011

Ink Exchange by Melissa Marr


Hardcover, 325 pages
Published May 1st 2008 by HarperTeen
ISBN
006121468X (ISBN13: 9780061214684)
edition language
English
original title
Ink Exchange
characters
 
To 17-year-old Leslie, the tattoo is a thing of indescribable beauty, a captivating mark that she must make her own. But this subtle web of eyes and wings brings with it a transformation that no sweet young girl would ever imagine or welcome. Like its predecessor, this stand-alone sequel to Wicked Lovely plunges its youthful heroine into a faery world of almost constant peril. A tantalizing urban fantasy that won't let go

  
 My Review
I'm still not sure what to make of this series. A huge part of me still dislikes it and yet another part of me is starting to love it a little more each time I read it. I just feel that the book has a depth that the reader has to relate and connect to themselves, in order to fully become one with the Novel. And I think that this is where my problem lays. I am connecting to it, but not in a way that is keeping my interest. In some senses I am merely reading it to see if it does get any more interesting. However, I do like the main characters and it was nice to get to know her friend, despite the fact that her life was full of tragic consequences that meant she was in a great deal of harm and danger. I felt that this gave the piece a huge sense of reality, because it allowed the reader to see that not everything is a fairytale, but that real things do happen.

I liked the whole forbidden romance thing and the fact that there was a secret behind him, however I feel that the whole tattoo situation could have been expressed with a lot more detail. It had that hint of a scary touch to it, yes, but not so much that you actually felt a need to be scared of the ink. You knew that something was up with it, but I do feel that perhaps it could have done with more detail, more information and more depth. In many ways the reader was left in suspense just wondering what on earth the whole ordeal with the ink was. Yes, later on you kind of got a view into its dangers, but this whole area seemed rush. Everything almost seemed to solve itself out before you had even finished blinking.

The novels are good, and I will continue to read them, as like before I want to see what will happen. Will the bad boy go good or go fully over to the dark side, will leslie be left alone or will the whole event change her life in such a dramatic way that means she can't hide from the world of fey. The book just leaves the reader with a lot of questions and perhaps this was the authors idea?

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...