Thursday 8 December 2011

Ever by Gail Carson Levine



In all honesty, I have read much better books than this one that seemed and appeared to be the most basic of stories. I just found the plot to be both boring and dull, there just seemed to be no sense of adventure to it and it was pretty much predictable from the word go. I know that the author probably intended for this book to be adventurous and bold, but the plot just seemed weak and very much rushed in so many places. Yes, there was potential here, there was a lot of depth that could have been evolved on, could have been established on. I do think, that perhaps if the author had spent more time on the novel, on planning it out then she might have found the story had a wonderful focus to it that was not predictive.

The characters just seemed your basic average characters, the romance to simple and too quick and the ending just... blah. I really was not excited by this book at once, even though I hoped to be, hoped that the book would pull me in. But all I found was myself waiting for the book to end. I am sure there is a lot of good points in this book, if the author chooses to expand on it, but for now, for me anyway, the book pretty much holds nothing at all.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...