Wednesday 7 December 2011

Angel Kiss by Laura Jane Cassidy

  Angel Kiss


I'm not usually a huge fan of the crime detective novels, but when fantasy meets crime, how could I say no? The book was short and perhaps somewhat simplistic in it's nature, but the underlying plot of it was different, even though it was perhaps a little rushed and a little predictive. The book did seem to have a lot of imagination and creativity within it though that made it come alive within the readers mind, making it more than just words on the page. I liked the way she described the characters, making them seem and feel like real people, and yet at the same time I felt it could have done with more detail and information, giving you this really clear image of the characters, who they are, what they are like. It is obvious though that the author has wanted to write something different and fresh which is why I very much enjoyed the whole paranormal touch to it with the whole crime touch.

In many ways the book actually reminded me of a program known as the Ghost whisperer, as the concept is fairly similar to both. I admit, I would have likde to have read more, would have loved for the book to really go into depth and detail. I did enjoy the fact it was a quick but enjoyable read, don't get me wrong, but in many places it felt somewhat rushed because it seemed that the author was just wanting to get to the end and as soon as they possibly could. There was room for potential and compared to other novels I have read, it is one of those that I would place on the quick but somewhat interesting reads.

Where it felt rushed, the plot felt weak, your mind is left with many questions that are unanswered. How was it she came about this bag so quickly without anyone noticing or questioning her motions. How did she manage to get it back to the caravan without anyone seeing it. What happened between her and Nick, did something evolve from it, were rumors spread about what had occured? There just seemed to be a lot missing for me, and I just felt that in some respects it was a little bit of a let down, yet good enough to read when bored and needing something.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...