Wednesday 14 December 2011

Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Beautiful Creatures (Caster Chronicles, #1)   

I loved loved LOVED this book. The story was unique, the ideas were fresh and the characters were so vivid and real that you just felt like you were seeing into someone elses life and becoming them. I loved the fact that it was not a happily ever after scenario five pages into the novel. The authors actually had commen sense to show that love is a challenge that you have to battle through and that it does not come to you just because you want it, that sometimes you have to work for it and prove your want for it. However the plot of the novel was wonderfully well written and crafted with an overall unique feel that meant you didn't feel like you were reading a book that had already been written before.

I loved the way it seemed to pull in all types of fantasies, and there were points within the novel where I chuckled. I did find myself wanting to reach the end, my adrenaline racing to just carry on reading and have nothing and no one stopping me. The book in many ways reminded me of an actual school society, because it seemed to have a truth to it. The popular girls rule the roost. if they deem you weird then you are bad news and anyone who joins in with you becomes classified in that section as well. I think what I like about this novel was the fact that the author was not afraid to touch on the real expereinces and that they were happy to show that not everyone in life is sweet, innocent and kind. But that in some realms and places they are vidicitive and completely and utterly mean.

The chapters flowed from one to the next in an easy transition that seemed to keep the story moving and have the readers pulled further into the words. It challenged the reader to look into the lines more, to see what was going on. Therefore for me, the book had this huge sense of mystery to it but at the same time it wasnt predictive because it allowed you to build up your own conclusions. I liked this fact because a lot of books that I read do tend to be quite.... predictive. The ending was done in a perfect happy sort of sense and yet at the same time you was still able to tell that there was something dark and daunting going on. Nothing ever finishes that easily, especially when its dark!!!

A powerful and amazing write that I would recommend to any of my fellow fantasy readers out there.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...