Sunday 27 January 2013

Unforgettable Embrace , by Joanne Clancy

Unforgettable Embrace
Paperback, 254 pages
Published July 26th 2011 by Createspace
ISBN
1463756895 (ISBN13: 9781463756895)
edition language
English
Unforgettable Embrace, by Joanne Clancy, is a story of a woman’s journey in self-discovery with many unexpected and often hilarious encounters along the way.

Rachel’s life has become a boring and monotonous routine. Life is just not what she expected it to be, so she decides to make some drastic but exciting changes.
A significant event occurs during a friend’s hen weekend, the seriousness of which wouldn’t be unveiled until later.

Tense moments arise that are suddenly and brutally made to look miniscule compared to the serious events, that unknown to Rachel, have already taken place, in which she is unwittingly but dangerously involved


My Review
I can't say that this is the sort of book that I would normally read. It was too much of a chic flick novel for my liking and I found myself getting a little bored before I even reached the end of the novel. Although the book is perhaps amazing to those who have a liking to these sort of writing styles, for me it was tasteless and common. It was skipping from one chapter to the next without a real sense of plot or purpose to it. The only thing that I could really grasp from the pages was that it was about one woman trying to discover herself so that she can be the person that she has always longed to be. However, it was written, in what I felt, was such a jumbled way that the context and flow just felt very somewhat scattered for me which was a real shame.

I did like the characters and felt that they were well produced. you found yourself beginning to like the main character especially because she seemed to express a lot of things that women go through. However, I felt that perhaps she was also under developed in other ways, because she still seemed like the fantasy sort of woman, the woman we long to be but we all know its far to impossible to reach and to ever become. 

The outline of the book I felt could have been worked upon better. the plot was there and you could see that it was trying to flow in a manner that meant you could really sink your teeth into the pages and what it was expressing, but at the same time it just felt like there were bits and pieces missing or that the author was rushing through the chapters to reach the end. Perhaps it would have been better if it had slowed down a little and either been made into a longer book or perhaps a series of books. for example, the ending for me was just so rushed through that you actually felt like you were being pushed to finish the book.

Whilst this is not the sort of book that I would pick up again and read, I did like the style it was written and it did have both its good and bad qualities to it. Its worth a read if you like the chic flick style.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...