Tuesday 18 December 2012

Midwinterblood , by Marcus Sedgwick

Midwinterblood
Paperback, 263 pages
Published by Indigo (first published January 1st 2011)
ISBN
1780620209 (ISBN13: 9781780620206)
edition language
English
 
Have you ever had the feeling that you've lived another life? Been somewhere that has felt totally familiar, even though you've never been there before, or felt that you know someone well, even though you are meeting them for the first time? It happens. In 2073 on the remote and secretive island of Blessed, where rumour has it that no one ages and no children are born, a visiting journalist, Eric Seven, and a young local woman known as Merle are ritually slain. Their deaths echo a moment ten centuries before, when, in the dark of the moon, a king was slain, tragically torn from his queen. Their souls search to be reunited, and as mother and son, artist and child, forbidden lovers, victims of a vampire they come close to finding what they've lost. In a novel comprising seven parts, each influenced by a moon - the flower moon, the harvest moon, the hunter's moon, the blood moon - this is the story of Eric and Merle whose souls have been searching for each other since their untimely parting
 
My Review
You know when you read a book and you start to wonder what it is that you are actually reading, have you picked up one of those lame books where there is more than one story in it? Or has the author purposely written a book that is confusing as hell? Well that was exactly what this book was all about. It was just a huge mess of confusion that you just could not understand and I just could not get my head around. I don't think I have ever read any of marcus sedgwick but this was not the best introduction to his style of writing. It took me until the very end to understand what had happened in the book, in that every chapter seemed to go back further in time in order to explain what it was that was happening in the present time. But even that didn't seem to work. I literally sat there going what on earth am I reading here. Is this book even making sense, did the author fall asleep or get bored of his own story, or does he just like writing in a sense and style of gibberish.
 
I'm just generally not even sure what to write in the review of this book because I didn't enjoy it. Just thinking about the novel makes my head spin which is something for me. I like books that flow and have a consistent plot and storyline to it, but this one didnt because there was just too many characters involved in it and yet who didn't seem involved within it at the same time. It was just to much! its not one that I want to be hanging around on my bookshelf and its certainly not one that I would consider reading again because I don't think reading it a second time would make me understand it or what had happened.
 
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...