Tuesday 11 December 2012

City of Lost Souls , by Cassandra Clare

City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5)
Hardcover, 535 pages
Published May 8th 2012 by Margaret K. McElderry (first published August 11th 2011)
ISBN
1442416866 (ISBN13: 9781442416864)
edition language
English
original title
City of Lost Souls
setting
New York City, New York, 2007 (United States)
Venice (Italy)
Prague (Czech Republic)

Don’t miss The Mortal Instruments: City of Bones, soon to be a major motion picture in theaters August 2013. The New York Times bestselling Mortal Instruments continues—and so do the thrills and danger for Jace, Clary, and Simon.

What price is too high to pay, even for love? When Jace and Clary meet again, Clary is horrified to discover that the demon Lilith’s magic has bound her beloved Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian, and that Jace has become a servant of evil. The Clave is out to destroy Sebastian, but there is no way to harm one boy without destroying the other. As Alec, Magnus, Simon, and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons, and the merciless Iron Sisters to try to save Jace, Clary plays a dangerous game of her own. The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace’s soul. She’s willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him? Or is he truly lost?

Love. Blood. Betrayal. Revenge. Darkness threatens to claim the Shadowhunters in the harrowing fifth book of the Mortal Instruments series


My Review
I'll be honest,. I had sort of forgotten what had really happened in the previous novels to the series, so it took me a while to actually get into this book and into understanding what it is was that was actually happening. But when my mind started to become a little more refreshed I found myself really getting back into the plot and really beginning to get to grips with it again.  In this one we do see that Jace is a completely different person. He isnt the Jace that we began to love and want to be with, now he is something very different and something so very wrong. He has become evil with perhaps even knowing that he has, and without really wanting to be evil. Sebastian has something that he has planning and he clearly needs Jace to be there, but is this just a way of trapping Clary, because actually its her that he needs to complete his plan. I think its quite evident to see that actually there is a lot going on within the novel but in so many different ways I did find that it was actually dragging on in so many ways.

I think there was perhaps one too many elements going on in this novel, like the fact that we have the alec and magnus situation, simon and isabella, the parents everything. There was just so much going on that it became very confusing and actually I just started to grow wary of the novel. However I am aware that this could be because I have had to read in part due to my full time work schedule, or that I have not read the remainder of the series for a while and therefore have really forgotten everything that was perhaps important in the making of this novel.  I did like the whole Jace, clary and sebastian situation though but I dunno, there was just something that I did not like about this novel and I just could not put my finger on it.

I don't really want to read it again and I dont really want to read the next one now that I know that there is a next one. I was left with no afterthought really other than perhaps I really do just need to sit and reread because I know that I was at one point amazed by the series and the authors talent. So I wont say this is my final review because I might just very well reread them all.

  didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...