Sunday 2 September 2012

Endure (Need #4) by Carrie Jones

Endure (Need, #4)
Paperback, 276 pages
Published May 21st 2012 by Bloomsbury (first published May 8th 2012)
ISBN
1408821192 (ISBN13: 9781408821190)
edition language
English
series
characters
 
 
Rescuing Nick should have made all of Zara's problems disappear. Bedford's greatest warrior is back, not to mention Zara's true soul mate. But it seems it isn't enough. Nick isn't enough. Bedford is being ravaged by evil pixies and they need much more than one great warrior; they need an army to stop the impended apocalypse. Zara isn't sure what her role is anymore. She's not just fighting for her friends, she's also a pixie queen. And to align her team of pixies with the humans she loves will be one of her greatest battles yet. Especially since she can't even reconcile her growing, heart-pounding feelings for her pixie king. . . . Unexpected turns, surprising revelations, and one utterly satisfying romantic finale make "Endure" a thrilling end to this acclaimed series
 
 
  My Review
You know when your reading a book, but your not really reading it because you cant even get into the damn thing in the first place and every line and page of it is just as boring as the one before hand and has you wondering why the hell your even continuing with it in the first place? Well that pretty much sums up rthis book for me in the first place. When I first brought need back in 2009, I brought it because the cover made it look interesting, engaging and exciting, then I saw all the reviews about and everyone seemed to be hyper over the whole books. It wasnt until I read it that actually I realized it was a book just not worth my time but because of my stubborn side I continue to read a whole series because I always have this little light of hope within me that means it will get better and actually be worth my time. For me this book was just so unrealistic and predictable in so many ways, it was the sort of book that just rambles on and your actually sitting and thniking about something else because at that moment in time it seemed more interesting.

None of the characters are interesting or engaging, I dont find myself relating with them or getting along with them and actually by the end of it Im hoping that I can be the one to kill them off. To say that I was a little disappointed by the whole novel would actually be an understatemenet because I was hugely disappointed in it, in that disappointment doesnt even cover it. I just felt that the novel it self lacked in anything interesting and engaging. the story line was predictable and its a book you end up waiting and waiting for and you just dont enjoy it. I suppose though its a book that is like marmite, where I hate it and dislike it, my sister loves and enjoys it. Its the sort of book you will either love or hate and for me it was a hate. I do hope though that the author continues to write to make something amazing that captivates us all, but for me this was not the series, this was not the be all and end all Im afraid.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...