Tuesday 7 August 2012

Where She Went , by Gayle Forman

Where She Went
Paperback, 264 pages
Published May 1st 2011 by Doubleday Children's (first published April 5th 2011)
ISBN
0857530283 (ISBN13: 9780857530288)
edition language
English
original title
Where She Went
series
setting
New York City, New York (United States)
Oregon (United States)

literary awards
 
It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future - and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I Stay, Where She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.



My Review
I found it hard to get into this book merely because I generally could not remember what happened within the first one. this for me automatically had me questioning was it that much of a good read that I was able to remember it. The storyline in this one I found seemed to really drag on so that it wasnt so much of a captivating novel but more of a very boring story. The characters were not as detailed as in depth as perhaps I would have liked it to have been and yet I can not put my finger on what it was that it was missing. for me the character just seemed to be so undeveloped in many ways. I'm actually finding it rather hard to write a review for the book, I just can not find anything to actually discuss or talk about when regarding the novel. I think for me the characters just seemed a little tired and lackless in fun and identiy. it was almost as if they were mere shells of there former selves waiting to be something a little more but not actually being anything at all. I really just did not enjoy this book adn I really am finding it hard to write this review. sorry guys.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...