Monday 23 July 2012

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove , by Lauren Kate

The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove
Paperback, 288 pages
Published November 6th 2010 by Corgi Books (first published October 28th 2009)
ISBN
0552563722 (ISBN13: 9780552563727)
edition language
English
original title
The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove
characters
 
A steamy Southern beauty makes one fatal mistake
Natalie Hargrove would kill to be her high school’s Palmetto Princess. But her boyfriend Mike King doesn’t share her dream and risks losing the honor of Palmetto Prince to Natalie’s nemesis, Justin Balmer. So she convinces Mike to help play a prank on Justin. . . one that goes terribly wrong. They tie him to the front of the church after a party—when they arrive the next morning, Justin is dead.
From blackmail to buried desire, dark secrets to darker deeds, Natalie unravels. She never should’ve messed with fate. Fate is the one thing more twisted than Natalie Hargrove.
Cruel Intentions meets Macbeth in this seductive, riveting tale of conscience and consequence.



 My Review
I actually found this book very dull and boring which for me was a huge disappointment because I liked Lauren Kates style of writing in her series of books. However this in itself was just plain boring and well....a little simple. The story line, though I could see where the interst came from, was not overly imaginative. it was something that was lacking in something and I just wanted it to get better, to actually have something a little more to it which of course is what I did not find. Natalia is nothing but a spoilt little rich girl who does her best to get what she wants. She doesnt seem to care about anyone else, or about what is going on around her and that already makes me fed up of the novel, because I want to read something about someone who isnt so selfish and stuck up her own backside. What I hated though was the lack of emotion that there was within the book after the murder was done. To put it more plainly it wasnt even a real murder and yet it was treated as one. To me it just felt like there was so much missing from the book. to the point that I am actually struggling to even write a decent length review of it.

I want to write something more about the book, I really do. I want to make it a review worth reading. But to be honest I just literally did not get on with the book. I constantyly put it down to the side, just left it where it was without the need to pick it up and actually read it.. perhaps it is a book that others will enjoy, but it was not for me and Its not one that I will be ever reading again. Sorry Lauren Kate. not your best novel this time round.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...