Tuesday 13 March 2012

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls #1) by Ally Carter

I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You

Paperback, 309 pages
Published April 25th 2006 by Orchard Books
ISBN
1408309513 (ISBN13: 9781408309513)
edition language
English
original title
I'd Tell You I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You
setting
Roseville, Virginia (United States)

literary awards
 The Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women--a seemingly typical all-girls' school--is actually a school for spies. Capable of killing a man, sophomore Cammie Morgan soon discovers that her most dangerous mission turns out to be falling in love.
My Review
What I loved about this book was the fact that it wiped away all those sexual labels about what a spy is and what they look like. I love the fact that I was able to finally read a book about a female spy, that was different and unique in its own sort of way, meaning that you never really knew what was going to happen, or occur or just be there within the pages of the book. Yes, the book wazs no where near perfect, there was still a lot of annoying factors about it, like the fact that all the girls seem to be perfect looking, and the fact that once again there is a cliche love story with a twist at the end that you know will fix itself eventuially because there is more books in this series. But none the less, the adventure here within the pages is very well done and does certainly captivate the audience into this obscene and different sort of world.
What I think was missing from the book though was the drama that you would expect to find within a spy school. it just seemed to be missing that element of surprise of power, of adrnealine. it just didnt seem to hold everything that you would expect to find within a book that is based on spies! I just felt that the love story was the main focus here and because of that, you almost felt like you were reading the same book over and over,except it has a different title and the characters have different names. Yes in this way it is a bit of a disappointment, because I picked it up in the hopes of finding something a little different, but I will continue to read on anyway to see if I can see the story pick up and become a lot more powerful in the way it should be, ebcause I believe if there is a series then surely it has to get better somewhere right?
Yes, there is potential here and yes the book is full of imagery and well defined characters, but there is still so much more room for imporvement I think because at the moment its a bit sameish and has nothing other than the spy character to make it stand out from the rest of the young adult romance styled books. I would though recommend it as a read.  
didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...