Wednesday 11 January 2012

Full Circle , by Cate Tiernan


Paperback, 192 pages
Published September 4th 2003 by Puffin Books (first published September 30th 2002)
ISBN
0141317108 (ISBN13: 9780141317106)
edition language
English
original title
Full Circle
series
 
Hunter, Morgan, and Alisa. All three are witches, and each is in turmoil. Hunter feels stifled by the small town world of Widow's Vale. Morgan is terrified of the possibility of life without him. And Alisa is still coping with the knowledge that she is a witch--by blood. Together, the three worked together to defeat the most unspeakable evil known to witches. Now, the danger they face is just as deadly. But to vanquish their new foe, they must first defeat the weaknesses within themselves
 
 My Review
Ok, this has to be my favorite one out of the whole series because it just seemed to contain the most life, detail, depth and power. I loved the way the whole story line flowed in this book, the way the characters felt like they were alive as I was reading it, and how I felt drawn to complete it and reach every word and line as carefully and consideratly as I could. What I loved about this novel was the fact that the author wrote like she had in first few novels. She had given it this mysterious depth and life that just made the book appear and seem a lot more active than the previous ones. There was romance but there was also darkness and you got to see the perspective of two people, not just one. Maybe it was this that made it feel more effective? I loved how I got to see the interlinking details between Morgan and Hunter, but the ending... that was beautiful and brought tears to my eyes. I think we have all had to go through that long distance away from the ones we love, and the way that Cate has written and described it just tugs at the readers heart strings making it far more emotional than your everyday basic piece.

I felt that the way Hunter was presented showed a conflicted teenage boy who didn't know what to do, other than wanting to do the right thing. He wanted to protect the person he loved, but he also needed to protect others who appeared to be in danger and in need. I loved the whole plot with patricia and her son because that is something that I could sort of relate to in my own way, and I think that the mother was shown well in that she was just trying to do everything that she could to make her son better. It just felt like to me that this book had a whole lot more emotional context and depth to it than the other ones. There just seemed to be more life, character and adventure to the lines and of course that makes a far more interesting read. There is though still one more book to the series and I am hoping that it goes on into the future. Will morgan and hunter be together forever, will they get married?

I would have liked to have gotten to know Morgans aunts a little better though as I do get the feeling that there was a storyline there as well. However, they were just two sideline characters that were in the family tree so perhaps they held no importance at all. A wonderful series of books, if you have the patience, then go ahead and read.
 
  didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...