Tuesday 24 January 2012

Ambasadora , by Heidi Ruby Miller



Published May 3rd 2011 by Union City Publishing (first published April 22nd 2011)

ASIN
B004Z9GENO

edition language
English

characters
If everyone told you love wasn't real, would you still be willing to die for it?

Citizens of a six-moon system in our arm of the Milky Way don't remember Earth, only the History of a generational worldship culture. In their multi-partner society a caste system rules tradition, but the governing body of the Embassy rules everything else. Obsessed with celebrity, beauty, and power, relationships and conceptions are based more on DNA than emotional ties...or should be.

What the citizenry can't escape are the human feelings of love and jealousy that turn the sterile to honorable suicide, force a couple to make the ultimate sacrifice, and allow rebels to spin their world into a violent revolution.

Ambasadora Sara Mendoza becomes the unwilling face of this revolution. Captured, tortured, and given a second chance at freedom, she proves that sacrifice for the man she loves is more honorable than sacrifice to a society's antiquated mores.


Beautifully vibrant and intricately textured, Heidi Ruby Miller's AMBASADORA explores the value of true humanity, the limitless power of desire and the triumph of the individual soul. Miller's characters blaze with life and lust and depth, and her world is a dichotomy of the glamorously sensual and the brutally dangerous. Amidst edge-of-the-seat action, Miller effortlessly incorporates the conflicts of the modern woman inherent in upholding feminist sensibility. AMBASADORA is a banquet of sumptuous words, a truly exciting adventure that fans of science fiction are sure to enjoy.
-Mary SanGiovanni, author of THE HOLLOWER and THRALL
  
My Review
At first I wasn't sure what to make of it because the beginning seemed a little confusing and out of this world for me, but I think that was more to me being stubborn and refusing to accept that I was a little worn out. However, I pushed on with the book and I am so glad that I did. I love reading but I love reading something that has an original and yet a somewhat fresh idea to it. The whole novel was imaginative and very well written. There just seemed to be a huge level of creativity to it that you couldn't help but actually paint the whole novel in your mind. Sara, this gorgeous ideal women, I am sure perhaps we all imagined the woman that we ourselves would like to be, and Sean, the gorgeous hunky bloak that we have to get to know and want to be with. What I liked with this though was the fact that the author made her characters relatable to, so that when you were reading about them you could connect to them and identify them for who they were. There were quite a few characters within the novel, but they were all well written about and described, meaning that you didn't feel overwhelmbed by them all.

The scenarios that the characters came across were also well defined in words that also had a lot of imagery painted to it. The disastors felt natural, as if these were the sort of things that could actually happen. Whereas in other books it often feels forced and too over emphasized. There did seem to be mixed messages within the book though about who was romantically involved with who and I think that added this bit of interest into the book. I would have liked to have seen more profile on the baddies, but I have feleing that perhaps this may come up in the next book? For example, I would have loved to have known more about the curse, what sort of affect it has on a person and how it all came about in the first place. Perhaps a story from their perspective would allow you to gain an insight as to why this all had to happen?

I enhoyed the hot and steamy scenes that were not overdone but were written about enough to really have your mind focus and lviing the moment. I like the fact that the author did not go overboard, because I have read many books where it feels like they are only focused on the sex scenes whereas I liked to read more about the drama, the scenarios and the plot of the piece. I do feel that this was an amazing book and I was determined to not go to sleep until I had finished it, in fact I was going to do an all nighter if I had to because thats how much I enjoyed the book. I really hope that a series is produced from this because I would love to know what happens in the future, surely that can't just be the be all and end all of it? Can it?

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

1 comment:

  1. So glad you enjoyed your time with AMBASADORA, Charlotte!

    And, yes, there will be many more books in the Ambasadora-verse. The next one, coming out on Valentine's Day, is a self-contained novel about David and Mari which takes place one month before Sara boards the Bard. It's called GREENSHIFT.

    It took me six years to create this world and these characters so I have lots of books outlined and in various stages of completion. The next book continuing the series arc is FRAGGER. It picks up three weeks after AMBASADORA. It should be out this summer.

    :) Heidi

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...