Thursday 22 December 2011

Wintercraft by Jenna Burtenshaw


Paperback, 278 pages
Published May 13th 2010 by Headline

ISBN
0755370961 (ISBN13: 9780755370962)
original title
Wintercraft
series
  






Is it as good as the second one that I read first, hell yes. In fact it explains a lot of what was actually happening within the second book. The novel itself was grasping and attractive with action and adrenaline. The imagery was alive and it engaged the readers mind to become one with the book so that they were unable to put it down and instead just wanted to carry on reading to find out what happens. I loved the fact that silas was displayed as some sort of evil character in the novel, but from having read the second one first, I knew that there was a soft side to him, but the book still had me doubting.
I just feel that with this series of books the author has really gone into great depth and power with their words. They have made the book into something attractive and engaging. The wording just springs to life as your reading it so that actually you feel like you are in on the adventure and that you are the one in danger of being caught and killed. I loved the family connection that was going on but also know what happens with this family arrangement next which kind of saddens you in many ways. I would have loved to have read more about kates family, her mother and father that is, for I feel this would have added even further interest to the novel and would have allowed the reader to understand the history a little bit better, so that they knew the danger that laid ahead.

The bird thhat belongs to silas makes me smile, merely for the fact that he is obviously a great companion, not out to cause damage or harm, but merely the eyes that see what silas can not. In many ways I feel there is some great importance to the crow. The badies in the novel were hidden well, despite the fact they were predictable as well. I just felt that the way their character and persona were presented to the reader, was done in an effective manner so that you really got the sense and feeling of a bad guy. Altogether though, I have to say this has become one of my few favorite series of books to read and I intend to find out if a third one is to be made, or has been made.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...