Friday 23 December 2011

Here lies Bridget by Paige Harbison


Paperback, 219 pages
Published January 18th 2011 by Harlequin (first published November 18th 2010)

ISBN
0373210280 (ISBN13: 9780373210282)
edition language
English
original title
Here Lies Bridget







Did I fall in love with this book? No not particularly. It was just overly cliche and very hard to read. There just seemed to be a lot of hard to hear topics written within it's pages. Perhaps it was just me being over sensitive to it, which is entirely possible. But for me the book was just too predictable for my own liking. It was clear what was meant to happen and what was going to happen. It very much had the feel of the christmas carol right from the beginning. The main character playing as scrouge and all her friends playing as the ghosts. The story was just a little to basic and simple and I felt that it could have been so much more had the author just worked with it.
Maybe its a book meant for younger kids, perhaps those in their early teens, and it wants to teach them a lesson, that looks are not everything and nor is popularity. But in fact, coming from a person who has suffered and still suffers from an eating disorder, the book was triggering! because it didn't make the message clear at all, and that makes me wonder what sort of affect is it likelt to have on it's younger readers?

I really just didn't enjoy the book, despite the fact that I finished it. I just couldn't come up with any positives, other than perhaps the morals that were within the pages, but even those I felt you had to figure out for yourself.

didn't like it it was ok liked it really liked it it was amazing

1 comment:

  1. That's a weird review. How old are you? I loved the book, and didn't see it the same way at all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...